Trinity Anglican Church in Thomasville, Georgia seeks a full-time Rector to lead our congregation, clergy, and staff. As a member of the Gulf Atlantic Diocese, our bishop is the Rt. Reverend Alex Farmer. A comprehensive description of the parish is available at our online Parish Profile.
The Rector We Seek
The parishioners, staff and Vestry at Trinity have identified a number of specific characteristics which we seek in our next Rector.
Experience: 3+yrs (preferred) of ministry in an Anglican parish including regular preaching duties as a priest, pastor, transitional deacon, or other role that supports a move into lead Rector.
Education: A Master of Theology with appropriate ministry experience and Anglican Studies, or a Master of Divinity (with Anglican Studies) from a seminary of which the Bishop approves.
The Rector we seek will be:
- a skilled Biblical preacher and teacher, well-grounded in Scriptures and in orthodox Christian theology, able to draw from a wide range of supplementary wisdom and firmly rooted in the Anglican tradition
- skilled at planning and leading worship and must appreciate the centrality of the Eucharist to the life of Trinity
- comfortable with our relatively high liturgical expression of worship
- skilled at connecting Biblical applications and illustrations to parishioners’ daily lives, providing spiritual inspiration to live out our lives for Christ
- skilled at building fellowship both within the Trinity community and the community outside the church
- equipped to shepherd and ensure the pastoral care and counsel of parishioners, modeling pastoral care for laity and other clergy with discernment and compassion
Qualities and Character Traits
The Rector we seek will:
- be a person of faith whose approach to all decisions is first rooted in prayer, authenticity, and love.
- be comfortable in his interactions with people within the parish and those outside of the parish within the community of Thomasville
- exhibit a passion for the Word of God, and be prayerful in his own spiritual practices
- have a strong knowledge of Scriptures and the ability to apply Scriptures in a meaningful way to the lives of parishioners
- excel in pastoral care, have a heart for people, and be able to relationally engage with existing parishioners and newcomers
- inspire and challenge our ability to live out our faith through strong preaching and teaching
Leadership and Administrative Skills
The Rector we seek:
- can build on our current strengths as a parish and have the ability to set and communicate a future vision for Trinity
- will shepherd, disciple, and equip leaders for ministry including other clergy and lay leaders for various ministries within the church (Christian education, Christian formation, Music Worship Leaders, Vestry, Community groups), and teams who serve in Sunday Services (altar guild, prayers of the people, lectors, acolytes, greeters, ushers, choir, prayer team, coffee hosts, etc.)
- will carry out the administrative leadership of the church, working collaboratively with wardens, the Vestry, the treasurer, staff and other lay leaders, allowing them to continue growing and strengthening their ministries at Trinity
- will have regular communication with Trinity’s staff, including regular staff meetings, clarity of job descriptions, and completing a yearly performance evaluation
- will prepare for and chair Vestry meetings
Duties of a Priest
As outlined within the Ordination manual of the Gulf Atlantic Diocese, following the Exhortation and Examination in the Ordinal (The Book of Common Prayer pp. 488-491), "a Priest is to faithfully and diligently minister the doctrine, sacraments, and discipline of Christ, that people may be saved through Christ forever. Thus, a Priest:
• equips and leads the congregation to proclaim tirelessly the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
• teaches, warns, feeds, and provides for the Lord’s family;
• seeks for Christ’s sheep in the midst of this fallen world;
• learns, inwardly digests, lives, and proclaims God’s most holy Word that people may be saved and brought to maturity in Christ;
• presides at Holy Baptism, in the place of a Bishop, and at Holy Communion;
• and declares the forgiveness of sins and the blessing of God."
Thank you for your interest in Trinity Anglican Church. If you are interested in applying for the position of Rector, please send your resume to the Gulf Atlantic Diocese or if you have questions please call Canon Mark Eldredge, Canon for Congregations, at (904) 608-0047. If you would prefer a PDF copy of this profile, you may download a copy here.